Re: Samba vs NFS

From: Gustavo A. Lozano (glozano_at_noldata.com)
Date: 02/22/05

    To: Jennifer Fountain <jfountain@rbinc.com>
    Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:53:25 -0500

    NFS from Windows workstations? Probably it will be harder to implement
    and you will need 3rd party software such as Reflection or AccessNFS

    SMB is a good implementation, and can depend 100% on your Windows Domain
    Controller if is the case, or you can even build your Domain from a
    linux box.

    --
    ========================           =====================
    Gustavo A. Lozano                  Carrera 11A No. 90-16

    • Re: Samba vs NFS
      ... > shares from their Windows workstations and their linux ssh sessions. ... > security information about NFS or samba that you may have. ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: [SLE] Duelling SAMBAs
      ... >> another NFS server goes away. ... you're reduced to using something like samba as a server ... and the Linux-to-Linux situations? ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Problem setting up NFS on Ubuntu
      ... >>> mount' for vfat mount options. ... >>> exporting vfat via NFS, it's not designed for multiuser systems ... > alike on the FS and use samba to export it to doze clients. ... >> which should make windows client access easier, and does work also from RISC ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: kern.ngroups question
      ... NFS only supports this much by default. ... Samba ... I just had to deal with this limitation and it was quite annoying to say ... unsigned int stamp; ...
      (freebsd-hackers)
    • Re: [SLE] Duelling SAMBAs
      ... the statement that they'd used both SAMBA and NFS and that SAMBA ... Linux boxes, but if I'm already going to have SAMBA running, what ... if the wife wants Windows, ...
      (SuSE)