RE: Encrypted Filesystems

From: ALD, Aditya, Aditya Lalit Deshmukh (aditya.deshmukh_at_online.gateway.expertworks.net)
Date: 01/22/05

    To: "'Tales Teixeira'" <gnu4ever@gmail.com>, <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 14:58:43 +0530

    >I'm studying about encrypted filesystems and i found a few of then. I
    >would like to know more about this in operation systems like Linux
    >Debian, Slackware and others "flavors". I'm sorry if this question had
    >been answer, but i didn't find.

    I think that you should be looking for aes loop back encrypted file system
    for linux. It is a sourceforge.net project - search for "encrypted
    filesystem" at sourceforge.net and freshmeat.net both of them will have
    something about this and the main part is you get to see the source code so
    you have have a *real* look at how a file is being encrypted..

    -aditya

    Delivered using the Free Personal Edition of Mailtraq (www.mailtraq.com)

    • Encrypted Filesystems
      ... would like to know more about this in operation systems like Linux ... Debian, Slackware and others "flavors". ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: [opensuse] Re: SSD in openSUSE.
      ... PS: For Roger: Encrypted filesystems with Linux and trim levelling ...
      (SuSE)
    • state of the art WRT encrypted filesystems?
      ... what's on the leading edge regarding encrypted filesystems on linux ... everything suggests ecryptfs, but i just want to know ... what the other viable (and relatively modern) alternatives are. ... Linux Consulting, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Encrypted Filesystems
      ... hi ya tales ... > I'm studying about encrypted filesystems and i found a few of then. ... > would like to know more about this in operation systems like Linux ...
      (Focus-Linux)