Re: opensource anti-virus gateway application for HTTP traffic!

From: Dan Margolis (bugtraq.lists.dmargoli_at_af0.net)
Date: 12/29/04

    Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:22:45 -0500
    To: NabilM@kuveytturk.com.tr

    On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 11:35:40AM +0200, NabilM@kuveytturk.com.tr wrote:

    > Is there any thing like that in the open source community projects? I
    > know that there are some antivirus applications like clamav designed to
    > act as SMTP/Email anti-virus gateway. I am looking for some thing like a
    > 'http proxy' that also checks and blocks the effected files passing
    > through it over http. Some thing like TrendMicro's InterScan Web
    > Security Suite
    > (http://www.trendmicro.com/en/products/gateway/iwss/evaluate/overview.ht
    > m).

    Yes. There are patches for Squid (squid-cache.org), I believe. One
    that looks promising, but which I have not used, is at
    http://viralator.sourceforge.net/.

    You may also be interested in Privoxy (http://www.privoxy.org/). It's
    designed for removing advertising and other annoyances, but it's
    highly configurable, so you may have some luck writing basic rules to
    filter the obvious.

    Amazing what a couple minutes on Google can do. ;)

    --
    Dan