Re: which distribution to choose

From: Gregory D. Rosenberg (gregg_at_ricis.com)
Date: 12/03/04

    Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:00:32 -0600
    To: Jochen Witte <jwitte@alpha-lab.net>, focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    I personally would recommend either SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server (SLES) 8,
    which offers both Common Criteria ELA3+ security certification, as well as
    many useful Carier Grade Linux 1.2 reliability and availability features.
    Amongst the CGL features that I find most valuable are the collection of
    watchdog timers.

    SLES9 is soon to be CC EAL 4+ certified and has achieved CC ELA 5
    certification on IBM Z series mainframes.

    Although the certifications are hardware specific you can achieve
    effectively the same level of security on comprable hardware platforms.

    --
    Gregory D. Rosenberg           N9NNO
    RICIS, Inc.                                +1 866-RICIS-77 Toll Free Voice (US)

    • Re: How about VMS: "Windows XP Gets Independent Security Certification"
      ... >> Security Certification" ... >>> Gosh, if Windows XP gets the highest level of CC certification, VMS ... > Imho, while there is no such thing as a 100% secure system, a platforms ... All unsolicited commercial email will be deemed to be a request for ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • RE: How about VMS: "Windows XP Gets Independent Security Certification"
      ... > Security Certification" ... >> Gosh, if Windows XP gets the highest level of CC certification, VMS ... situations because it does not take every general-purpose situation into ... Imho, while there is no such thing as a 100% secure system, a platforms ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Certification & Accredition????
      ... I know of security certification for specific technologies (Cisco, MS, ... Checkpoint) and general purpose certifications (CISSP, SSCP) etc. ... is Certification & Accredition? ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: security certification
      ... It's an ok certification, ... it is more of a design/management certification. ... They have CISSP security certification. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)