Re: which distribution to choose

From: Dan Wittenberg (daniel-wittenberg_at_uiowa.edu)
Date: 12/03/04

    To: Bob Jones <lists@pavlodarproductions.com>
    Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:57:32 -0600

    Just minor points, but freeswan is no longer supported, you'd want to
    use openswan instead. Also Fedora Core 3 comes with openswan natively,
    so makes it real easy to use.

    Dan

    --
    ===========================
    Daniel Wittenberg

    • Re: TellyGuide - Free UK TV on your PDA
      ... > Mandrake or SuSe aren't any less significant than Redhat. ... Ahem - RH has around a 50% market share in Linux distributions by servers ... Mandrake, SuSe et al don't come anywhere close. ...
      (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
    • Re: which distribution to choose
      ... Fedora's lifecycle is too short (in my ... On Mandrake you can use Shorewall to set up a firewall ... > deny access rather than just warn of a problem) for enhanced security. ... > Both of these distributions can be setup with the apps you are seeking ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: BIOS problems?
      ... > non-standard hardware distributions, especially on laptop. ... > due to patches and bug-fixes to support the last few years of hardware. ... Ultimately I want to install Mandrake, ... I'm going to try the text based installation of Mandrake. ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: My suggestion...
      ... from a year earlier was an easier and more reliable install. ... and should be releasing in the next few days. ... Must have been a while ago - the Mandrake release is about a year old. ... hundreds of Linux distributions, ...
      (alt.linux)
    • Re: The Beginning Of The End For Micro$oft Reign Of Terror
      ... >LINUX is going nowhere on the desktop. ... Distributions like Mandrake are to the point now where the "out of the ... YMMV, of course. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)