Re: which distribution to choose

From: Eric Santonacci (Eric.Santonacci_at_talc.fr)
Date: 12/03/04

    Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:26:51 +0100
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    Hello,

    On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 05:31:00PM +0100, Jochen Witte wrote:
    > I would like to set up a firewall to protect a small company network.
    > [...]
    > My question is, which distribution to choose for such a
    > setup.

    Did you have a look to ipcop: www.ipcop.org?
    Or for a more generalistic distrib, there's a secure distribution
    server oriented which is call Trustix. www.trustix.com/net/org.

    Personnaly, I use IPCop at home and office with no problem.

    hope that helps

    --
    Eric Santonacci
    TALC Informatique

    • Re: choosing between ipcop and iptables
      ... I had never heard of ipcop before, ... of another distribution and continue using the other distribution. ... Iptables is part of any normal distribution. ... if both the distribution startup scripts and your script try ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Looking for distribution : firewall + http + ftp
      ... any linux distro ... > I'm looking for an easy install and use distribution such as IPCop but ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Zone Alarm / ICS / Clients / Servers
      ... IPCop comes with its own distribution of Linux. ... they specially tailor the OS for use as a firewall. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: CD based Fw or not?
      ... Or any distribution, ... So you would not recommend something like Devil-Linux, IPCop, Sentry ... Markus ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)