Re: which distribution to choose

From: Brian D. Ropers-Huilman (bropers_at_lsu.edu)
Date: 12/03/04

    Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:45:30 -0600
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    • Re: New To Linux
      ... > Go to each linux vendor's site and see how you like them. ... I think for your first distribution, ... Gentoo Linux has a long install process (though ...
      (alt.linux)
    • Re: Which Linux distros would be best for me?
      ... I want to add one or more Linux systems to my multi-boot Windows ... I think the choice of the distribution you start out with now is a lot ... oriented distribution, or a more raw, lower-level distribution (Gentoo). ... One other thing in favor of Gentoo is its vibrant, active support forums, ...
      (alt.linux)
    • Re: Which Linux distros would be best for me?
      ... I want to add one or more Linux systems to my multi-boot Windows ... I think the choice of the distribution you start out with now is a lot ... purposes, and three months later I wound up installing Gentoo, which was ... One other thing in favor of Gentoo is its vibrant, active support forums, ...
      (alt.linux)
    • Re: How big / stable is Gentoo community ?
      ... Microsoft a few months ago. ... What Mr Robbins works with don't affect Gentoo, don't think he does do any real contribution for some years. ... its the first newer distribution that I am ... At least the developers has some good relationships toward developers in the Debian world and there been direct sharing of patches. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • [Full-Disclosure] Re: DoS in Apache 2.0.52 ?
      ... I also rewrote the exploit for Linux and couldn't get it ... because Gentoo already had it patched. ... Apache Squ1rt, Denial of Service Proof of Concept ... int main(int argc, char **argv){ ...
      (Full-Disclosure)