Re: which distribution to choose

From: BlueRaven (blue_at_ravenconsulting.it)
Date: 12/03/04

    Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:52:50 +0100
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    Il giorno 02/dic/04, alle 17:31, Jochen Witte ha scritto:

    > I would like to set up a firewall to protect a small company network.
    > What
    > I would like to have is some kind of VPN solution (OpenVPN and ipsec),
    > iptables firewalling and a secure distribution with some additional
    > sec-related sofware (tripwire etc.). Also I need to run an Apache for
    > proxy-requests.

    You could try SmoothWall or IPCop:

    http://www.smoothwall.org
    http://www.ipcop.org

    They both have more or less the same functionalities and work very well
    for small network contexts.
    My favour goes to IPCop, but SmoothWall is also good.

    --
    BlueRaven
    Microsoft and security. Sounds a bit stupid in one sentence.