RE: which distribution to choose

From: John C. Dack (john.dack_at_herelec.co.uk)
Date: 12/03/04

    Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:23:28 -0000
    To: "Jochen Witte" <jwitte@alpha-lab.net>, <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>

    Hi,

    Check this out I have been using it for some time now...

    http://www.ipcop.org/

    Regards,

    jd

    Herald Electronics Limited accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Herald Electronics Limited accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

    • Re: which distribution to choose
      ... >>iptables firewalling and a secure distribution with some additional ... I would prefer a standard distribution for easy updates and ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: which distribution to choose
      ... If you would like a security enhanced distribution, ... On Thursday 02 Dec 2004 16:31, Jochen Witte wrote: ... > iptables firewalling and a secure distribution with some additional ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Tag Cloud revisited
      ... distribution, which would be a better representation of the data. ... Keep in mind you are trying to show which items are the most popular ... cartesian graph paper -- What I was originally trying to do was graph ... I suppose there is some merit to forcing the Standard Distribution ...
      (php.general)
    • Re: Thoughts on some stdlib modules
      ... I'm talking about things that *could* be bundled with the standard distribution, *without* having to be relicensed, or be forever maintained by the CPython developers. ... either actively maintained or simple and solid enough to live for a while, make sure the licenses are good enough, bundle the latest and greatest version, ship tested versions at regular intervals, update when necessary, and pass bugs and patches upstream. ... distribution --- python itself, the standard libraries, and the most commonly used Python packages, and so on. ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: Thoughts on some stdlib modules
      ... > The reason they don't is because making a distribution like this is a royal pain in the ass. ... > makes no sense to make the Python standard distribution like this. ... > "Updating when necessary" is problematic and really requires proper package management. ...
      (comp.lang.python)