RE: Idle session logout

From: Danny Kitts (dkitts_at_acninc.com)
Date: 10/25/04

    To: 'Andy Smith' <wasmith32@comcast.net>, Mark <mindfunk@mindfunk.net>
    Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:07:21 -0400

    DKitts wrote:
    REMOVE AWORSHAM@ACNINC.COM FROM THIS ANNOYING EMAIL LIST.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Andy Smith [mailto:wasmith32@comcast.net]
    Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 12:12 AM
    To: Mark
    Cc: Jan.Albrecht@bertelsmann.de; focus-linux@securityfocus.com
    Subject: Re: Idle session logout

    Mark wrote:

    > Will that work for users that do not use sh/bash? It is also possible for
    > the user to set (or unset) this value to something else.
    >
    > namaste,
    > Mark

    That may be true on some systems I suppose, but on my Mandrake 10 box
    TMOUT is a readonly variable. If I try to 'export TMOUT=12345' it fails
    with:

    bash: TMOUT: readonly variable

    Regards,
    Andy

    • RE: Idle session logout
      ... Subject: Idle session logout ... Mark wrote: ... > Will that work for users that do not use sh/bash? ... TMOUT is a readonly variable. ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Idle session logout
      ... Mark wrote: ... > Will that work for users that do not use sh/bash? ... > the user to set (or unset) this value to something else. ... TMOUT is a readonly variable. ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Need help for you unix gurus..thanks
      ... You can configure your system to log out inactive users by setting the ... "TMOUT" variable in /etc/profile. ... TMOUT is used by ksh. ... Mark ...
      (comp.unix.admin)