Re: Idle session logout

From: Geoffrey (esoteric_at_3times25.net)
Date: 10/25/04

    Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:21:43 -0400
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    Andy Smith wrote:
    > Mark wrote:
    >

    >> Will that work for users that do not use sh/bash? It is also
    >> possible for the user to set (or unset) this value to something
    >> else.
    >>
    >> namaste, Mark
    >>

    > That may be true on some systems I suppose, but on my Mandrake 10 box
    > TMOUT is a readonly variable. If I try to 'export TMOUT=12345' it
    > fails with:
    >
    > bash: TMOUT: readonly variable

    That's so a user can't reset their own timeout. The intention is that
    it be controlled by the admin. It's likely set to readonly in
    /etc/profile or some such file.

    --
    Until later, Geoffrey

    • Re: Question about using marks
      ... dragor writes: ... I use C-SPC to set a mark. ... > To unset it, I usually use the mouse to click somewhere in the frame. ...
      (comp.emacs.xemacs)
    • Re: reset issue in bufferedInputStream
      ... Ok, first of all, mark, if unset, is default to 0 automatically. ... Second, as decribed in the Java documentation, ... it says something like "look under the contract of the underlying ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Question about using marks
      ... I use C-SPC to set a mark. ... To unset it, I usually use the mouse to click somewhere in the frame. ... Prev by Date: ...
      (comp.emacs.xemacs)
    • Re: Idle session logout
      ... Mark wrote: ... > Will that work for users that do not use sh/bash? ... > the user to set (or unset) this value to something else. ... TMOUT is a readonly variable. ...
      (Focus-Linux)