Re: iptables & tcp wrappers

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers (bugtraq_at_planetcobalt.net)
Date: 10/04/04

    Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 00:06:35 +0200
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    On 2004-09-28 TJ Easter wrote:
    > I've found it quite helpful to create a shell script to load the
    > firewall rules. The first line of the script blows away all rules
    > (iptables -F), then it proceeds to load the rules below that.

    The first line(s) should define the default policy (most likely DROP),
    before flushing the chains. Otherwise the box may be open until the
    rules are defined.

    Regards
    Ansgar Wiechers

    --
    "Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety
    deserve neither liberty nor safety, and will lose both."