Re: iptables & tcp wrappers

From: Thomas Chiverton (thomas.chiverton_at_bluefinger.com)
Date: 10/04/04

    To: Luis M <lemsx1@latinomixed.com>
    Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:20:55 +0100

    On Sunday 03 Oct 2004 02:12 am, you said:
    > sshd ssh: ALL : spawn ( /etc/firestarter/slap-this-bitch %a %d ) & :
    > DENY # spawns a process that adds the offending IP to the blocked-hosts

    Handy DoS there if I can send packets faster than you can spawn and restart
    the firewall, no ?

    --
    Tom Chiverton
    Advanced ColdFusion Programmer
    Tel: +44(0)1749 834997
    email: tom.chiverton@bluefinger.com
    BlueFinger Limited
    Underwood Business Park
    Wookey Hole Road, WELLS. BA5 1AF
    Tel: +44 (0)1749 834900
    Fax: +44 (0)1749 834901
    web: www.bluefinger.com
    Company Reg No: 4209395 Registered Office: 2 Temple Back East, Temple
    Quay, BRISTOL. BS1 6EG.
    *** This E-mail contains confidential information for the addressee
    only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
    immediately. You should not use, disclose, distribute or copy this
    communication if received in error. No binding contract will result from
    this e-mail until such time as a written document is signed on behalf of
    the company. BlueFinger Limited cannot accept responsibility for the
    completeness or accuracy of this message as it has been transmitted over
    public networks.***