Re: redhat patch problem?

From: Sebastian Berm (bugtraq_at_sebsoft.nl)
Date: 09/03/04

    To: <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 11:33:37 +0200

    Hi,

    What i wonder about a bit is; what about users still running these older RH
    versions, but are unable to update.
    At the moment I've got a few servers in a datacentre that still run RH 8.0,
    there is a new RH 9.0 server here, but that's supposed to be for backup
    purposes. What I do know is that upgrading to 9.0 will break my control
    panel, so I'm stuck with 8.0 on this server.

    I would really would like to see the fedoralegacy project to start
    supporting RH 8.0 again, as there are still more than enough users still
    using it.

    If there is another solution for this, it would be great to know it.
    I'm currently (inactively) working on an project that uses the support files
    of the Fedoralegacy project, so it would really be a shame to loose that,
    and to have to start over again...

    With regards,

    Sebastian Berm