Re: Reverse SSH tunelling

From: brothaluca (brothaluca_at_poczta.fm)
Date: 08/27/04

    Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:49:42 +0200
    To: Raistlin Majere <raistlin@majere.net>

    Try this:

    http://chownat.lucidx.com/

    brothaluca

    Raistlin Majere wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I need some advice .. I have a situation where about fifty servers will
    > be located in fifty sites that cannot allow services to be hosted. These
    > servers will be in private network space behind firewalls. I can use
    > them to 'scp' files out to a common home base server, but sometimes I
    > need to access a command line console on these servers. I am thinking of
    > having a hourly cron job ssh out to my home base server and leaving that
    > tunnel open so that I can access that console, but am looking for the
    > specific way of doing this. Security os pf the utmost concern, so I need
    > some sort of encrypted tunnel, hence the thought of ssh, but I don't
    > know how to do this 'reverse' tunnel... I was also thinking of a 'free
    > swan' vpn tunnel ..
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Raist

    Portal INTERIA.PL zaprasza... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f17cb

    • Re: Reverse SSH tunelling
      ... > servers will be in private network space behind firewalls. ... > tunnel open so that I can access that console, ... > some sort of encrypted tunnel, hence the thought of ssh, but I don't ... port 5000, any connections made to that port forward to host 127.0.0.1 ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Reverse SSH tunelling
      ... servers will be in private network space behind firewalls. ... need to access a command line console on these servers. ... having a hourly cron job ssh out to my home base server and leaving that ... tunnel open so that I can access that console, ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Reverse SSH tunelling
      ... I've done a lot ssh-tunneling (back an forth, ... the the needed ports is better than to allow all ports, ... Furthermore to implement a persistent server-to-server tunnel, ... >>servers will be in private network space behind firewalls. ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: AD in Remote site not responding when VPN tunnel is down
      ... All DCs in a Domain or Forest depend on each other to some degree. ... > I built a site to site VPN tunnel between the two ASAs. ... > Then promoted two servers at the remote site to ADs, ...
    • Re: Unable to connect to UNC or IP addresses by name but able to ping
      ... to site A. The client machines and servers use ... and we could replicate DNS etc client pcs could browse files on both ... our tunnel is up and connected and we can pint by name and ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)