Re: Reverse SSH tunelling

From: Andreas Happe (news_0403_at_flatline.ath.cx)
Date: 08/27/04

    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:19:48 +0200

    On 2004-08-26, Raistlin Majere <raistlin@majere.net> wrote:
    > I am thinking of
    > having a hourly cron job ssh out to my home base server and leaving that
    > tunnel open so that I can access that console, but am looking for the
    > specific way of doing this.

    maybe this may help (from the ssh manpage):

     -R port:host:hostport
      Specifies that the given port on the remote (server) host is to
      be forwarded to the given host and port on the local side. This
      works by allocating a socket to listen to port on the remote
      side, and whenever a connection is made to this port, the connec-
      tion is forwarded over the secure channel, and a connection is
      made to host port hostport from the local machine. Port forward-
      ings can also be specified in the configuration file. Privileged
      ports can be forwarded only when logging in as root on the remote
      machine. IPv6 addresses can be specified with an alternative
      syntax: port/host/hostport.

    so executing "ssh -R 1021:server:22" with increasing server port number
    (1021) should do it for you?

            --Andreas

    • Re: External drives not installing or working properly on USB
      ... with the USB system before but these disappearred when I disabled the ... Only one of the five host controllers is connected to the 6 ... work on any port on the PC? ... operating system to recognise the four additional 'drives'. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: A firewall wont stop this one
      ... On top of that I implement IPF on each host ... >> for further access control to limit NFS, ... By restricting access to the NFS server. ... >> via port filtering that only allowed specific hosts rather than all. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: /etc/hosts.equiv & .rhosts
      ... want to login at another host, that host needs the first host's name ... best to allow key-only login so hackers can't ... on the port 22 as it WILL be messed with all day long. ... # Protocol 2 only ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Configuring SBS to allow Remote Access
      ... definitely will continue to host the website elsewhere as ... pointing to the SBS server. ... >Port 80 does not need to be opened just to use RRW. ... >else host your web site or but the web site on a ...
      (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
    • Re: REMOTE DESKTOP NOT WORKING ANY LONGER PLEASE HELP!
      ... I understand that you have checked in the registry *which* port is ... Is the host located at your work? ... be a centrally managed GPO which disables Remote Desktop ... Noest MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ...