Re: Reverse SSH tunelling

From: Steffen Kluge (kluge_at_fujitsu.com.au)
Date: 08/27/04

    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:19:00 +1000

    On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 12:50, Raistlin Majere wrote:
    > Security os pf the utmost concern, so I need
    > some sort of encrypted tunnel, hence the thought of ssh, but I don't
    > know how to do this 'reverse' tunnel...

    On all of the 50 remote servers create SSH DSA keys (as yourself) and
    add their public parts to file ~someone/.ssh/authorized_keys on the
    central server. Then run something like:

    [yourself ~]$ ssh -N -R 123nn:127.0.0.1:22 someone@central-server &

    (nn = 01..50)

    Then, from the central server, use:

    $ ssh -p 123nn localhost

    to connect to remote server nn.

    Cheers
    Steffen.

    • Re: How to Xterm to Red Hat from Exceed?
      ... >>through your SSH connection. ... > server running on my laptop and working with X programs ssh-tunneled ... > from remote servers is a standard mode of operation. ... > SSH client on the laptop. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: remote backups: SCP or RSYNC or -?
      ... > Can anyone recommend a good tool for backing up remote servers? ... Use rsync and use ssh for the transfer protocol. ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • Re: Remote delete files?
      ... How to delete files that exist on remote servers, ... If you have ssh access you can write the command in one line like this: ... the file is owned by the root, but my ssh can't allow root login, is it ... Open a ssh shell as normal user on the remote machine and and then get root ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: remote backups: SCP or RSYNC or -?
      ... >Can anyone recommend a good tool for backing up remote servers? ... It uses ssh for transport, it's easy to configure and very ... Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch patent attorney - Speaking only for myself ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)