Re: Reverse SSH tunelling

From: Shaun Dewberry (
Date: 08/27/04

    Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:09:12 +0200
    To: Raistlin Majere <>

    Hi Raist,

    ssh combined with netcat should be able to do the job fine for you. As
    opposed to a cron job, or leaving the connections up and running,
    perhaps you should think about implementing 'port knocking' as a trigger to open up your encrypted
    tunnels. This is a far more secure and robust solution.

    Just a thought

    Raistlin Majere wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > them to 'scp' files out to a common home base server, but sometimes I
    > need to access a command line console on these servers. I am thinking of
    > having a hourly cron job ssh out to my home base server and leaving that
    > Thanks
    > Raist

    • Re: deb_checkmd5sum?
    • Re: linux newbie -simple question I am sure
      ... THis listens for connections on the services port and starts the ... depending on wwhich flavour of inetd is installed. ... and that's to use a cron job. ... "cron" is a program which runs things at specified times, ...