Re: Reverse SSH tunelling

From: Shaun Dewberry (shaund_at_verang.co.za)
Date: 08/27/04

    Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:09:12 +0200
    To: Raistlin Majere <raistlin@majere.net>

    Hi Raist,

    ssh combined with netcat should be able to do the job fine for you. As
    opposed to a cron job, or leaving the connections up and running,
    perhaps you should think about implementing 'port knocking'
    http://www.portknocking.org/ as a trigger to open up your encrypted
    tunnels. This is a far more secure and robust solution.

    Just a thought

    Ciao
    Shaun.

    Raistlin Majere wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > them to 'scp' files out to a common home base server, but sometimes I
    > need to access a command line console on these servers. I am thinking of
    > having a hourly cron job ssh out to my home base server and leaving that
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Raist

    • Re: deb_checkmd5sum?
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: linux newbie -simple question I am sure
      ... THis listens for connections on the services port and starts the ... depending on wwhich flavour of inetd is installed. ... and that's to use a cron job. ... "cron" is a program which runs things at specified times, ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)