Re: Reverse SSH tunelling

From: L0stm4n (lostman_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/27/04

    Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:34:50 -0500
    To: Raistlin Majere <raistlin@majere.net>

    Check out this URL:

    http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/ssh_tunnelling.html

    you could probably combine that with key auth instead of passwords.

    And instead of having them always trying to ssh in, you could setup a
    file on a webserver and have them parse the file. if they see their
    hostname in the file it means they should "call home". just have em
    check that file every 5 minutes or so.

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:50:54 -0400, Raistlin Majere <raistlin@majere.net> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I need some advice .. I have a situation where about fifty servers will
    > be located in fifty sites that cannot allow services to be hosted. These
    > servers will be in private network space behind firewalls. I can use
    > them to 'scp' files out to a common home base server, but sometimes I
    > need to access a command line console on these servers. I am thinking of
    > having a hourly cron job ssh out to my home base server and leaving that
    > tunnel open so that I can access that console, but am looking for the
    > specific way of doing this. Security os pf the utmost concern, so I need
    > some sort of encrypted tunnel, hence the thought of ssh, but I don't
    > know how to do this 'reverse' tunnel... I was also thinking of a 'free
    > swan' vpn tunnel ..
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Raist

    • Re: Reverse SSH tunelling
      ... #port forward ssh on port ... You can also be more specific by only allow ssh connections from a specific ... > them to 'scp' files out to a common home base server, ... > tunnel open so that I can access that console, ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: What is The SSH?
      ... Building and Using SSH Tunnels ... What is an SSH tunnel? ... how to use it to make a connection to a server. ... You will need a working SSH client and server installation to build and test ...
    • Re: Real Survivalists Dont Do Windoze
      ... I'm on a Red Hat Linux laptop running TightVNC over a ssh tunnel ... 'Source port' is your port of choice for your VNC-client to connect. ...
      (misc.survivalism)
    • RE: HOWTO Ping LAN???
      ... SSH to the box, and tunnel to other internal machines ... > network is by tunneling. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Apple Safari on MacOSX may reveal users saved passwords
      ... If someone can remotely log in as you over ssh then they already have your ... Javascript into the console user's browser; ... It would be more interesting if there were a proper remote expoit (e.g. ...
      (Bugtraq)