Reverse SSH tunelling

From: Raistlin Majere (raistlin_at_majere.net)
Date: 08/26/04

    Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:50:54 -0400
    To: "focus-linux@securityfocus.com" <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>

    Hi All,

            I need some advice .. I have a situation where about fifty servers will
    be located in fifty sites that cannot allow services to be hosted. These
    servers will be in private network space behind firewalls. I can use
    them to 'scp' files out to a common home base server, but sometimes I
    need to access a command line console on these servers. I am thinking of
    having a hourly cron job ssh out to my home base server and leaving that
    tunnel open so that I can access that console, but am looking for the
    specific way of doing this. Security os pf the utmost concern, so I need
    some sort of encrypted tunnel, hence the thought of ssh, but I don't
    know how to do this 'reverse' tunnel... I was also thinking of a 'free
    swan' vpn tunnel ..

    Thanks

    Raist

    • Re: Reverse SSH tunelling
      ... > servers will be in private network space behind firewalls. ... > tunnel open so that I can access that console, ... > some sort of encrypted tunnel, hence the thought of ssh, but I don't ... port 5000, any connections made to that port forward to host 127.0.0.1 ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Reverse SSH tunelling
      ... I've done a lot ssh-tunneling (back an forth, ... the the needed ports is better than to allow all ports, ... Furthermore to implement a persistent server-to-server tunnel, ... >>servers will be in private network space behind firewalls. ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: AD in Remote site not responding when VPN tunnel is down
      ... All DCs in a Domain or Forest depend on each other to some degree. ... > I built a site to site VPN tunnel between the two ASAs. ... > Then promoted two servers at the remote site to ADs, ...
    • Re: Reverse SSH tunelling
      ... > servers will be in private network space behind firewalls. ... > need to access a command line console on these servers. ... > having a hourly cron job ssh out to my home base server and leaving that ... > tunnel open so that I can access that console, ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Unable to connect to UNC or IP addresses by name but able to ping
      ... to site A. The client machines and servers use ... and we could replicate DNS etc client pcs could browse files on both ... our tunnel is up and connected and we can pint by name and ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)