Re: can Hopster traffic be blocked?

From: Michael Ekstrand (michael_at_elehack.net)
Date: 08/05/04

    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:27:41 -0500

    On Wednesday 04 August 2004 18:22, whiplash wrote:
    > Blocking hopster, at the moment, seems to be quite easy, if
    > things are really like they appear in my quick and dirty
    > analisys.

    If it works at all like HTTP-Tunnel, which it looks like it does, then
    it should indeed be this easy.

    HTTP-Tunnel's website (www.http-tunnel.com), IIRC, pretty much fully
    documents what they do - SOCKS proxy on your local machine, to HTTP
    proxy on their end, listening on Port 80. You might want to go a step
    ahead of your users, and block it while you're at it.

    -Michael