Re: SSO on linux

From: Paul Danik (danikp_at_ll.mit.edu)
Date: 07/28/04

    Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:41:19 -0400
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    Hi,
            On a side note to the original question involving SSO, I was wondering
    if any one has any experiences using a Kerberized SSO with smart cards?
      Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

    ET wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > you can see here
    > http://www.wlug.org.nz/HowtoSamba3AndActiveDirectory
    > for samba ADS.
    >
    > Enzo
    >
    > Alle Saturday 24 July 2004 07:34, Spurge ha scritto:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Could some one gimme some inputs / references about any existing howtos or
    >>guides on implementing 'Single Sign On' on a linux server using Kerberos,
    >>which is connected to a Win2K KDC.
    >>
    >>Basically, I wish to enable seamless SSO on this heterogenous network
    >>consisting of both W2K as well as linux (FC1) servers, where some services
    >>would be provided by W2K machines, while others from linux machines.
    >>
    >>I had googled quite a bit and stumbled upon Microsoft Services For Unix
    >>(SFU) framework, but am a bit wary of it and think there should be some
    >>other way to implement this.
    >>
    >>Samba that ships with FC1 (samba-3.0.0-15) seems to be kerberised out of
    >>box and could be setup with a few entries like 'security = ADS' and so
    >>on...
    >>
    >>I am looking for ways to kerberise Apache, VSFTPD, Postfix, MySQL and
    >>OpenLDAP to start with.
    >>
    >>Any help is appreciated.
    >>Regards.
    >>
    >>Spurgen

    • SSO on linux
      ... guides on implementing 'Single Sign On' on a linux server using Kerberos, ... would be provided by W2K machines, while others from linux machines. ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Kerberized Apache
      ... >>> I am looking for a way to enable users to get access to their ... >> Kerberized SSO environment as ... acquiring the service ticket. ... Kerberos traffic and see what's happening. ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • Re: Centralized DB of "system" users
      ... the linux machines ... Try using Kerberos v5, everything you need resides in world and there is a good article in handbook on getting it working. ... This would be much more secure then NIS. ... You still should use some authorization provider or make users on all machines by hand. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Cannot login from Linux client using SFU 3.5
      ... I want my Linux machines to use my ... 2K server Active Directory for authentication. ... I really WANT to use Kerberos though. ...
    • kerberos password athentication on Linux RHES4
      ... I want to use kerberos to be able to ssh into a linux server using a windows ... login and password using kerberos. ...
      (RedHat)