Access to nfs server, Part 2

From: Markus Korth (mkorth_at_viisage.com)
Date: 07/21/04

    Date: 21 Jul 2004 07:41:39 -0000
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    HiHo!

    I've read the recommendations concerning access to a nfs server by changing the system and now want to ask for hints for a different situation:

    What if you have homes and group shares automounted, user management in ldap and then need to give root access to a developer on one machine? Even if playing with root_squash options this developer still can do a
    su - <different_user>
    as root and then access all this users files.

    The only solutions I can think of at the moment seems to be kerberos?! Any ideas?

    Markus