Re: Counting p2p traffic.

From: Manuel Arostegui (manuel_at_todo-linux.com)
Date: 06/28/04

    Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:28:17 +0200 (CEST)
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    > Hello
    >
    > I need to count p2p downloads and uploads to/from my
    > small NATed network. I have all i need - ipp2p module for
    > iptables, CONNMARK etc. (2.4.26)
    >
    > Here is an example (little modified) from ipp2p site:
    >
    > iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -j CONNMARK --restore-mark
    > iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m mark ! --mark 0 -j ACCEPT
    > iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m ipp2p --ipp2p -j MARK --set-mark 1
    > iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -j CONNMARK --save-mark
    >
    > iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -m mark --mark 1 -j ACCEPT
    >
    > With this i can count all p2p traffic passing my linux box, but i
    > need to separate downloads and uploads. Any suggestions how i can
    > do that? My natwork - 10.0.0.8/8
    >
    > --
    > Pozdrawiam
    > Marcin mailto:slacklist@op.pl

    This is an example of loggin icmp pings:

    iptables -A INPUT -p icmp --icmp-type echo-request -m
    limit -j LOG --log-prefix \"PING: \" --log-level DEBUG

    Cheers
    Manuel.

    • Re: NNTPS news providers
      ... Many news providers say they ... For downloads, logging is not necessary, other than ... > That would almost certainly be because of illegal uploads. ... And remailers don't play with binary posts well. ...
      (alt.privacy)
    • Re: Firefox 2.0 final is released
      ... downloads. ... Uploads are shitty, ... Did you check locally to see if there were other wireless options? ... The thing about the wireless tower is that trees don't bother it. ...
      (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
    • Re: Question about Amazon
      ... It also shows a table of individual uploads and ... downloads, with the associated IP address which can be ... they are both related to amazon. ... Is someone, a neighbour perhaps, using your bb connection somehow? ...
      (uk.people.silversurfers)
    • Re: Question about Amazon
      ... It also shows a table of individual uploads and downloads, with the associated IP address which can be decoded to give the source. ... Could it be something like - you are looking at Amazon and images you see - such as 'people who looked at this also looked at .. ... <Boo shoves Peter along the bench, we can sit together and wait for the clever people to suggest something. ...
      (uk.people.silversurfers)
    • Re: secure file uploads and downloads
      ... Have two flags stored somewhere (i.e. ... allow uploads, the other says allow downloads. ... You could also store the flags in $_SESSION; ...
      (comp.lang.php)