Close ports 137 and 138 samba server?

listassec_at_yahoo.com
Date: 06/23/04

    Date: 23 Jun 2004 20:23:16 -0000
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    I have a linux box with samba server and two network interface. One
    interface for internet and another for local network. I used the samba
    commands:
    bind interface only true
    interfaces 192.168.10.1/24

    And the samba stop to listen on internet interface on port 139, but it
    continue listening on ports 137 and 138 on both interface. How to stop
    listen on this ports on internet interface only?
    Im using iptables to filter this ports, but id like to close this
    ports on interface.

    Thanks in advance!

    • RE: Samba What a struggle
      ... > Andrew Robinson wrote: ... >> your samba filesharing to the whole internet. ... paranoiacally restrictive on your external interface, ... Given the realities of being connected to the internet you will ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Problem configuring NAT to share Internet Connection
      ... One of my NICs in the server connect to a DSL ... modem and it connects to internet. ... > interface, that connects to the DSL modem, LAN interface, that connects to ... >> 7.- To connect server to Internet, I create a new network connection. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
    • Internet thru Cisco 871
      ... SDM wizards and didn't get the internet. ... expected static IP address on the Dialer0 interface but fail ping ... zone security private ... ip http access-class 3 ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: Problem configuring NAT to share Internet Connection
      ... This is the IPCONFIG information of the server (where you can see Internet ... interface, that connects to the DSL modem, LAN interface, that connects to ... > 7.- To connect server to Internet, I create a new network connection. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
    • Re: How to read an XML file in Visual C++ 6
      ... I am against it when it actively interferes with my productivity ... I use remote desktop extensively, particularly in the summer, so I can work on all my ... Web mail interface comes ahead of my filters and I get the "raw" messages, ... I have no idea of the quality of the throughput band of your Internet ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)