Re: OpenVPN?

From: Ivan Andres Hernandez Puga (ivan.hernandez_at_globalsis.com.ar)
Date: 06/16/04

    Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:47:28 -0300
    To: Fre <fre@linux.be>

    If you want a TOTALLY transparent solution for Windows XP, you can use
    the Microsoft VPN implementation with pptp, but also need to do some
    patches to the kernel and pppd.
    apt-get install pptpd webmin-pptp-server

    and follow this instructions:

    http://gfxcafe.com/VPN%20Howto.html

    Ivan Hernandez

    Fre wrote:

    >Guys (and gals),
    >
    >I'm thinking to implement VPN between Debian and Windows XP-clients...
    >Plan was to use OpenVPN, as I did hear some possitive comments about it.
    >But I'd like to use some debian-apt, I have no clue what vpn-package to
    >install, though.
    >
    >Any suggestion?
    >Should I go for the OpenVPN-idea?
    >
    >Tnx.
    >
    >Fré.

    • Re: FreeAXP loses network connectivity when laptop is woken up from "sleep"
      ... What Windows version is this? ... In which case I'll guess that at least part of this is OpenVPN ... standby followed by resume. ... run FreeAXP under a Windows instance under VMware using ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: Wireless User Authentication using Linux?
      ... The VPN I use, OpenVPN, is also ... > Windows support was just announced last month. ... I looked into IPSec, and I'm currently trying to find a howto on how to ... Remove +newsharvested to e-mail me | Poista +newsharvested jos meilaat ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Best VPN server to use on Fedora
      ... The stock Fedora kernel includes the ... > VPN server, then you can get to it with OpenVPN, assuming the port is open. ... > server and windows xp clients you would have to install OpenVPN on the ... > with the built in windows client, am I wrong in assuming that OpenVPN on the ...
      (Fedora)
    • =?us-ascii?Q?Re=3A=20Connect=20Standard=20Windows=20VPN=20to=20Linux=20box?=
      ... tunnel and that Windows L2TP is a much better implementation as is openvpn. ... Linux is nice and extremely reliable (as my example below ... The poptop server has to the best of my knowledge never been packaged as ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Can Windows and Linux co-exist?
      ... work quite well from Windows and Linux clients alike. ... I want to stick to OpenVPN on my Linux server and machines, ...
      (Fedora)