Re: OpenVPN?

From: Bjørn Rasmussen (bjoernr_at_sensewave.com)
Date: 06/04/04

    To: Jeremy Jackson <jerj@coplanar.net>
    Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 20:29:58 +0200

    tor, 03.06.2004 kl. 17.50 skrev Jeremy Jackson:
    > Fre wrote:
    > > Guys (and gals),
    > >
    > > I'm thinking to implement VPN between Debian and Windows XP-clients...
    > > Plan was to use OpenVPN, as I did hear some possitive comments about it.
    > > But I'd like to use some debian-apt, I have no clue what vpn-package to
    > > install, though.
    >
    > I am using the kernel IPSEC with racoon keying daemon.

    Then I understand it must be FreeS/WAN, right? I'm using Fedora, thus
    ipsec is not part of the kernel because of export restrictions in US I
    think. I normally rebuild the kernel with FreeS/WAN myself.

    Can you please tell me about the racoon keying daemon?

    Bjørn :-)

    > You can apt-get install racoon, but you'll need to use an up to date 2.4
    > series Debian kernel, which has the IPSEC backport from 2.6.
    >

    > > Any suggestion?
    > > Should I go for the OpenVPN-idea?

    • Re: OpenVPN?
      ... >> I am using the kernel IPSEC with racoon keying daemon. ... > ipsec is not part of the kernel because of export restrictions in US I ... I normally rebuild the kernel with FreeS/WAN myself. ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Attacks on IPsec
      ... > group disown what is only now starting to be deployed. ... (which in turn implies replacing everybody's kernel). ... advantage over end-to-end ipsec ... ... communicating for the first time with a complete stranger (aka the ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: Crash in ether_input
      ... stack fault while in kernel mode ... | (kgdb) source debug/gdb6 ... we're logging via TLS to a temporary/testing logserver. ... logserver is one of our default builds with IPSec. ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Re: Crash in ether_input
      ... stack fault while in kernel mode ... | (kgdb) source debug/gdb6 ... we're logging via TLS to a temporary/testing logserver. ... logserver is one of our default builds with IPSec. ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Debugging with memguard...
      ... I'm trying to track down a memory issue with IPsec in CURRENT. ... PS Kernel Config attached but it's not very interesting I think. ... # Power management support ...
      (freebsd-current)