Re: looking for wireless linux security book

bp1974_at_comcast.net
Date: 05/24/04

    To: "Mario Ohnewald" <mario.Ohnewald@gmx.de>
    Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 21:18:58 +0000

    As far as I know, there is no specific book that discusses wireless networks as pertains to linux (and the other Unices). The open source community is just starting to come up with the necessary standards and support for different popular hardware. You may want to read:
    Wireless Security End to End (Brian Carter) or Maximum Wirelesss Security (Cyrus Peikari) to get some background info. They give you the nitty gritties on WLAN protocols and their problems. All the concepts can be applied to Linux.

    Happy reading.

    Balaji

    > Hello!
    > I would like to by a book about wireless security (linux) with a touch of
    > ipsec, vpn and open source tools.
    >
    > I have read Real World Linux Security (Box Toxen) and Linux Hacking Exposed
    > 2nd edition which i really enjoyed. They were nice and instresting to read.
    >
    > Can you recommend me a book about wlan and linux?
    >
    > Thank you very much, Mario
    >

    > --
    > NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL
    > Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgebühr: http://www.gmx.net/dsl

    • Re: linux security module for wireless
      ... > information with u guys abt linux security module in corelation with ... > basically interested in wireless security. ... Look on your ISP's news server for Linux groups. ...
    • looking for wireless linux security book
      ... I would like to by a book about wireless security with a touch of ... vpn and open source tools. ... I have read Real World Linux Security and Linux Hacking Exposed ...
      (Focus-Linux)