RE: Secure Form Script?

From: Paolo Campanella (paolo_at_mighty.co.za)
Date: 05/20/04

    To: Beth Skwarecki <beth@cz-na.com>
    Date: 20 May 2004 10:04:54 +0200

    On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 18:36, Beth Skwarecki wrote:

    > 2) HOWEVER, it's silly to be using sendmail at all, in most cases. This
    > is what the perl module Mail::Sendmail is for. You give it a hash with

    However, using the command line route has the advantage that, if your
    sendmail is not running, your mail will still be accepted.

    Also, IIRC, the command line is faster, and it should also be more
    efficient, not needing to open sockets.

    Of course Mail::Sendmail is the better recommendation for most people.

    Bye

    Paolo

    • Re: daemon MTA-IPv4: Problem creating SMTP socket?
      ... So whatever is squatting your machine's port 25 hasn't been found ... The netstat command doesn't list processes, ... For this round, however, whe know there is a sendmail process and ...
      (comp.mail.sendmail)
      ... We're running sendmail Ver 8.12.10. ... Try it from the command line with the verbose flag ... sun-host:~$ 250 2.0.0 j7RJ0hmH004928 Message accepted for delivery ... my company has instituted a spam filter which occasionally ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: daemon MTA-IPv4: Problem creating SMTP socket?
      ... So whatever is squatting your machine's port 25 hasn't been found ... The netstat command doesn't list processes, ... For this round, however, whe know there is a sendmail process and ...
      (comp.mail.sendmail)
    • Re: [opensuse] Sending mail via my ISP relay using sendmail
      ... PHP5 "mail" command, and that command uses sendmail. ... He also noted that mail uses sendmail -- and in fact, mail works perfectly for the relay on my box. ... So the real problem seems to lie with the sender domain. ...
      (SuSE)