Re: decent loadbalancing with 2 different ISP's with minimum risk s

From: Scott Gifford (sgifford_at_suspectclass.com)
Date: 05/10/04

    Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:31:37 -0400
    To: Kiran Maraju <kiran@isac.ernet.in>

    Kiran Maraju <kiran@isac.ernet.in> writes:

    > iproute2, is only for linux. is there any solution for AIX to
    > perform loadbalancing with 2 different ISP's. i want to use the
    > same functionality on AIX. how to achieve that?

    This is a Linux list, and I'm not sure how to do that directly with
    AIX, or if it's possible at all; an AIX-specific list might be a
    better source for that information.

    But, one way to do what you want would be to set up a cheap Linux box
    that connects to both ISPs, then route traffic from your AIX box
    through it. If you need to run Internet-accessible services on the
    AIX box, using NAT would probably work.

    -----ScottG.