Re: decent loadbalancing with 2 different ISP's with minimum risk s

From: Scott Gifford (sgifford_at_suspectclass.com)
Date: 05/10/04

    Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:31:37 -0400
    To: Kiran Maraju <kiran@isac.ernet.in>

    Kiran Maraju <kiran@isac.ernet.in> writes:

    > iproute2, is only for linux. is there any solution for AIX to
    > perform loadbalancing with 2 different ISP's. i want to use the
    > same functionality on AIX. how to achieve that?

    This is a Linux list, and I'm not sure how to do that directly with
    AIX, or if it's possible at all; an AIX-specific list might be a
    better source for that information.

    But, one way to do what you want would be to set up a cheap Linux box
    that connects to both ISPs, then route traffic from your AIX box
    through it. If you need to run Internet-accessible services on the
    AIX box, using NAT would probably work.

    -----ScottG.

    • Re: How to set up an account so that you can telnet to it but not su to?
      ... > We are migrating our UNIX Utilitites software from AIX over to Linux. ... > order to duplicate the same functionality, we need to be able to set up ... but not allow suing to the account with the same password. ... look at sudo. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: sudo with noexec
      ... Thanks for the explanation. ... I'm just so surprised that AIX is an ... exception for this functionality. ...
      (comp.unix.aix)