Re: decent loadbalancing with 2 different ISP's with minimum risks

From: Kent Ritchie (kritchie_at_Knoppix.securityfocus.com)
Date: 04/17/04

    Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:22:26 -0400
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    Easy way, use this:

    http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=34&scid=29&prid=624

    P. Deelman wrote:

    > Due to a little mistake i now have 2 broadband connections at home and
    > somehow i want to balance them (2mbit + 1 mbit). I wondered what the
    > most efficient way of doing this is and with possible security risks
    > involved.
    >
    > At the moment i have a nice setup with a statefull designed iptables
    > firewall and i want to keep it that way. I've googled some and i found
    > some vague tools for windows that i really don't trust (well the
    > entire windows part, but that's something else) and a router that has
    > 2 wan connectors that claims that can do it. Since i also have wlan at
    > home in a wlan-dmz at my gateway i just want to insert a 4th nic into
    > my box and do some configging.
    >
    > My current setup includes:
    > debian 3.0 stable 2.4.26 kernel
    > 3 networks: wlan, internal, external
    > statefull iptables-script
    >
    > my future setup needs to include just an extra network namely
    > external2 :) without too many implications such as running a proxy
    > with patches which should be the last option to consider since my
    > gateway isn't all that fast :)
    >
    > Any help welcome,
    > Regards,
    > P.Deelman

    • Re: "Residential Gateway Device"
      ... This is also a good example of why everyone needs a firewall. ... I removed it through windows ... > setup as per suggestion... ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: XP Pro machines start themselves up
      ... It can't be Windows XP...Windows causes computers to shut down, ... it's pathetic that Gateway is so clueless. ... Setup,. ... I've disabled all power management options I ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: decent loadbalancing with 2 different ISPs with minimum risks
      ... > At the moment i have a nice setup with a statefull designed iptables ... Since i also have wlan at ... > home in a wlan-dmz at my gateway i just want to insert a 4th nic into ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: Looping shut down
      ... when you get to the choice of setup Windows or Repair ... with the option to setup Windows or Repair Windows Installation ... however I did download the disks>>> today on my work computer. ...
    • Re: SBS setup fails
      ... I have performed further research about the intergrated setup wizard ... you run the Setup program for Small Business Server. ... the Sysvol folder is located in the Windows folder. ... companies that are independent of Microsoft. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)