Re: Rewrite Rules, SSL, and .htaccess

From: Wallwork, Nathan (nwallwo_at_pnm.com)
Date: 03/25/04

    Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:35:17 -0700 (MST)
    To: davec <davec@webpipe.net>

    On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, davec wrote:
    > <VirtualHost 192.168.3.7:80>
    > Redirect / https://www.mydomain.com/
    > </VirtualHost>

    Add a line to the virtual host for port 80 that says
            AllowOverride None

    This will keep Apache from applying any of the .htaccess controls
    for tht http version.

    This could be restricted to just blocking the particular overrides
    that apply the requirement for username/password (AuthConfig, I think),
    but the only real point of that virtual host is the redirect, so you
    may as well block it all.

    • Constructing a port for local use
      ... I'm sure that someone here has tried this: Create a port which would ... only be installed on a local network as, for instance, an Apache ... virtual host. ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • Re: Apache2 Manhattan Virtual Classroom
      ... community-based or community-supported distro. ... hiring a Debian consultant. ... You mention creating the virtual host configuration, ... output that shows the requests and how Apache is answering them. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [opensuse] (Strange) Apache Virtual Host Behaviour
      ... suse-specific sysconfig is a suse customization of apache, not a normal part of apache you can expect to find on any apache host = not portable ... IF you use the sysconfig file, and IF you use that feature to specify all files that live in some separate place that is brainless for you to back up, that is valuable. ... Then your entire setup would be brainless to backup and/or copy to another host just by grabbing /etc/sysconfig/apache2 and the single directory tree where you have all your *.conf files and htdocs and cgi-bin etc. ... I got the whole thing sorted out by putting all the Virtual Host ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Problem to have mod_auth_kerb to work
      ... apache but not for the virtual host. ... the kind of debug statement I get from apache: ... Integrated Windows Authentication was already ticked. ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • Re: [opensuse] (Strange) Apache Virtual Host Behaviour
      ... So, I setup Apache on my OpenSUSE 11.4 server at home, wanting to ... Ok, now, I add another Virtual Host, host2.domain.tld, and things start ... Since this is a home setup, it's not really that important, but it is ... # define a default do-nothing "vhost" before including any possible config files ...
      (SuSE)