Shadow files and the password "!!".

From: Bruno G. San Alejo (bgonzalez_at_polar.es)
Date: 01/30/04

    Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:19:21 -0500
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

        Hello everybody, I came accross some accounts (daemons I think) in a
    shadow file with the chars "!!" in the password field. The problem is
    that I haven't found any information about why or what type of accounts
    have that kind of password or even the meaning of that password. I
    apologize if this is a RTFM question, but I've been searching the WEB
    and the manuals (and asking other people) and haven't found out anything.

        Thank you for your time.

    --
    "No te tomes la vida en serio, de todas formas no vas a salir vivo."
    Anonimo.