Re: LDAP problem

From: Thomas Krieger (
Date: 01/07/04

    Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:09:06 +0100

    > I installed on my Mandrake 9.1 openldap 2.0.27 (with all the backends,
    > clients and servers), nss_ldap.202, pam_ldap 156 but I'm not able to
    > authenticate any user. If I give the command ldapsearch -x -D
    > 'uid=root,ou=People,dc=dktrkranz,dc=net' -W 'uid=root', I can get all
    > the information I need, but if I give getent passwd I can only see
    > /etc/passwd accounts and I can't login using LDAP. I used chkauth to
    > change authentication method but even using authconfig from RedHat I
    > still have trouble
    I think your ldap.conf file is not correct. Did you specify the
    nss_base_shadow, nss_base_group and nss_base_passwd in the ldap.conf
    file on your client? Can you please post your ldap.conf file used on the
    cliens having trouble?

    There's no easy quick way out, we're gonna have to live through our
    whole lives, win, lose, or draw. -- Walt Kelly