Re: Static ARP table in Linux

From: Chuck Wolber (chuckw_at_quantumlinux.com)
Date: 12/12/03

    Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:31:49 -0800 (PST)
    To: Gil Disatnik <gil@disatnik.com>

    > Is there a way to prevent the arp cache from being filled yet to still
    > be able to advertise my own MAC? I thought about simply forcing the MAC
    > addresses I know into the cache (perm) and to also add those I don't
    > know with a bogus MAC, that's a really ugly workaround though.

    Rumor has it, that no-cat does most of what you are asking. I haven't yet
    had a chance to try it myself, so this is only heresay. It's meant for WAP
    management, but I'm sure it could be adapted for what you're describing.
    Website is here:

    http://nocat.net/

    -Chuck

    --
    Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
       * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-