RE: Firewall Inquiry

From: Dustin Trammell (dtrammell_at_citadel.com)
Date: 12/08/03

    Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:10:51 -0600
    To: <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>

    Dominic Irrcher wrote:
    > how about looking at iptables?
    >
    > basically its all command line (unless you dump the rules into a
    > script). but you can do pretty much everything you want with this
    > (www.netfilter.org).
    >
    > there are some frontends to it to configure it and show you stats on
    > it, but i don't use any so i'm not sure of any by name at the momment.

    There are way too many to list, however here are a few that I have used
    or personally know of others using:

    Astaro - http://www.astaro.com/
    FWM - http://www.leetnet.org/dist/linux/fwm/
    DFW (FWM clone with more options) -
    http://druid.caughq.org/projects/dfw/index.html

    ---
    Dustin D. Trammell
    Vulnerability Remediation Alchemist
    Citadel Security Software, Inc.

    • Re: Command to dump/restore user info OSR5
      ... Write a script that does a dump and then compares the current dump against the previous such dump. ... You don't have a diff unless you install the devsys or gnutools. ... The order of the filenames on the diff command line, and the way the script renumbers filenames, means that the first instance is the old password and the next instance is the new password. ...
      (comp.unix.sco.misc)
    • Re: Need some small help on shell script - delete old files
      ... command so that it does not search subdirectories past this directory ... The find command shows all files in the directory and subdirectories. ... I am using your script. ... recent dump is always left un-compressed with no .gz extension. ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • Re: Need some small help on shell script - delete old files
      ... I am using your script. ... recent dump is always left un-compressed with no .gz extension. ... or use the "wait" command to see if it must delay the start of the ... The second dump has to be coming from an alternate CRON job or an AT ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • Issue related to system() call and file handles.
      ... The command makes a call to an Oracle command called 'exp'. ... Helps dump the database into a raw file. ... I have this script I make on the fly that calls this application ... One problem though, it seems like, the exp command, can't create the ...
      (comp.lang.c)
    • Re: Issue related to system() call and file handles.
      ... The command makes a call to an Oracle command called 'exp'. ... Helps dump the database into a raw file. ... I have this script I make on the fly that calls this application ... second shell, ...
      (comp.lang.c)