RE: Firewall Inquiry

From: Ionut Boldizsar (ionut_at_prolinux.ro)
Date: 12/08/03

    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 21:02:19 +0200

    On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 20:55, Dominic Irrcher wrote:
    > how about looking at iptables?
    >
    > basically its all command line (unless you dump the rules into a script).
    > but you can do pretty much everything you want with this
    > (www.netfilter.org).
    >
    > there are some frontends to it to configure it and show you stats on it, but
    > i don't use any so i'm not sure of any by name at the momment.

    I would sugest Firewall Builder (www.fwbuilder.org), an frontend for
    iptables/ipchains/pf/pix which looks very much like the CheckPoint FW-1
    GUI.

    This is a very cool software package, because it makes it very easy to
    manage multiple firewalls/security policies at once without any
    problems/conflicts/whatever.

    --
    Ionut Boldizsar
    CCSE, SGCI

    • Re: syslog traffic analyzers
      ... I would use iptables or ipchains to set some pass-through rules that ... At the end of the day, you can dump the output and ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: openinng port 80
      ... Micheal Robert Zium wrote: ... >>dump, more or less. ... A while back, when I was first attempting to grok iptables, I didn't ... Jim Richardson ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • RE: Firewall Inquiry
      ... how about looking at iptables? ... basically its all command line (unless you dump the rules into a script). ...
      (Focus-Linux)