Re: Password Questions

From: Chuck Wolber (chuckw_at_quantumlinux.com)
Date: 12/05/03

    Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 23:28:21 -0800 (PST)
    To: Eric Scuccimarra <eric@quovad.com>

    > I have two RedHat 9 boxes. I want them to have the same users and
    > passwords. Can I copy the user, password and shadow password files from
    > one machine to the other or do they have some sort of built-in
    > encryption that will mess things up?

    Nope, you won't mess anything up, it should work just fine. Just make sure
    the 2nd box has home directories for all of the users. Better yet,
    assuming you have tight enough security, you can automount home
    directories from one box to the other. This way your users won't have to
    maintain two home directories.

    -Chuck

    --
    Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
       * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-