Re: Sendmail & Disk Quota on RedHat

From: Glynn Clements (glynn.clements_at_virgin.net)
Date: 10/29/03

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 05:55:22 +0000
To: sparkcom@sparkcom.eu.org

sparkcom@sparkcom.eu.org wrote:

> Can someone help me make sendmail to recognize disk quota. I am using
> RedHat 7.3 and sendmail as mail transport agent.

What do you mean by "make sendmail to recognize disk quota"?

> Im experiencing a DOS
> attack once the mail is unable to write in users mailbox spool with error
> " stat=Deferred: local mailer (/usr/bin/procmail) exited with
> EX_TEMPFAIL".

Yes, that appears to be the correct behaviour. Sendmail runs procmail
to deliver the message; procmail indicates that it couldn't do so due
to a transient (temporary) failure (e.g. because the user has exceeded
their quota). Sendmail should keep trying until either delivery is
successful or it times out (the default is 5 days, configurable by the
Timeout.queuereturn option in sendmail.cf).

Do you want it to do something else? If so, what?

--
Glynn Clements <glynn.clements@virgin.net>