Re: Sendmail & Disk Quota on RedHat

From: Glynn Clements (glynn.clements_at_virgin.net)
Date: 10/29/03

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 05:55:22 +0000
To: sparkcom@sparkcom.eu.org

sparkcom@sparkcom.eu.org wrote:

> Can someone help me make sendmail to recognize disk quota. I am using
> RedHat 7.3 and sendmail as mail transport agent.

What do you mean by "make sendmail to recognize disk quota"?

> Im experiencing a DOS
> attack once the mail is unable to write in users mailbox spool with error
> " stat=Deferred: local mailer (/usr/bin/procmail) exited with
> EX_TEMPFAIL".

Yes, that appears to be the correct behaviour. Sendmail runs procmail
to deliver the message; procmail indicates that it couldn't do so due
to a transient (temporary) failure (e.g. because the user has exceeded
their quota). Sendmail should keep trying until either delivery is
successful or it times out (the default is 5 days, configurable by the
Timeout.queuereturn option in sendmail.cf).

Do you want it to do something else? If so, what?

--
Glynn Clements <glynn.clements@virgin.net>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem with Skunkware procmail 3.1.5 & 5.0.7 MP5
    ... for programs you want to allow sendmail to run. ... It appears to be in configured format followed by the old format. ... And I still need suggestions on how to prevent procmail from hosing my ... the next thing to do is get Spamassassin 3.1.4 to work. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: need help about sendmail
    ... Copying all mail to Archive *The following is probably made obsolete by ... sendmail to archive copies of outgoing mail". ... The Sendmail FAQ does offer three suggestions for doing this, ... In the FAQ, and in the newsgroup, it is also suggested that Procmail can ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: need help about sendmail
    ... One of the most common questions on comp.mail.sendmail is "How do I get ... sendmail to archive copies of outgoing mail". ... In the FAQ, and in the newsgroup, it is also suggested that Procmail can do ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Sendmail, Procmail and (ugh) Exchange
    ... Due to the crappy filtering available in Exchange, I want to still use procmail. ... We also still want to use sendmail for handling some other issues ... First remember that Procmail is a "Local Delivery Agent" that Sendmail calls for local delivery. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: how to trigger an action on email recieved
    ... Procmail, used as a mail delivery agent, will run with the access ... which of sendmail and/or postfix is installed. ... if Redhat would prevent the installation of several MTA's. ... Such symlinks will be used anyway because sendmail has been ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)