Re: AntiVirus for Red Hat 9?

From: Devdas Bhagat (devdas_at_dvb.homelinux.org)
Date: 10/26/03

    Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:37:50 +0530
    To: John Kinsella <jlk@thrashyour.com>

    On 23/10/03 13:58 -0700, John Kinsella wrote:
    > On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 02:37:36PM -0600, Kurt Seifried wrote:
    > > http://clamav.elektrapro.com/
    > > http://www.openantivirus.org/
    >
    > I'm about to start testing Clam for a corporate mail server - anybody
    > have any comments on it in such an environment?
    I have used Clam alone and in combination with Trend and Sophos
    (individually Clam+Sophos/Clam+Trend).
    Clam has updated faster than either of these two. It works fast
    (particularly if you use clamd), and is stable. Updation is via
    freshclam, which can use a list of mirrors.
    My setup is Postfix + Amavisd-new + Clamav + SpamAssassin.
    It works reasonably well. The maximum load I have seen is about 20
    mails/sec at peak on a P III 600 MHz, with 1 GiB of RAM, also running
    Courier pop3d and imapd, squirrelmail over https and mailman on 1 x
    9GB(everything except home) + 1 x 36 GB (home).
    Maximum delay under these circumstances was 5 seconds.

    Devdas Bhagat