Fw: AntiVirus for Red Hat 9?

From: Jan Kellermann (jan.kellermann_at_werk21.de)
Date: 10/25/03

    To: <jlk@thrashyour.com>
    Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:09:01 +0200

    Hi!

    > > http://clamav.elektrapro.com/
    > > http://www.openantivirus.org/
    >
    > I'm about to start testing Clam for a corporate mail server -
    > anybody have any comments on it in such an environment?

    we are working with clamav on a mailserver in combination with amavis new
    (w/o milter). clamav seems to be a young software so sometimes the
    clamd-daemon is hanging up (zombie). So you need to have couraged
    administrators to detect this quickly and kill the zombie-process. but when
    ever such an error occured the next day the bug was fixed. the community of
    clamav is very quick and good. But you have to update your clamav regulary.
    so just try and make a contribution to this software.

    At the time clamav detect about 9.900 viruses.

    clamav in a german test (heise.de):
    http://www.heise.de/security/artikel/39978
    result of this test: http://www.heise.de/security/artikel/39978/5
    clamav has a bad result because of the less found viruses. But the database
    is growing with every new user.

    Jan Kellermann
    ________________________________www.werk21.de
    werk21 - Agentur für politische Kommunikation und Design
    Kopenhagener Str. 64 - 10437 Berlin - t 030 28 48 48 30

    • Re: Thoughts about finding viruses in email inboxes
      ... Thoughts about finding viruses in email inboxes ... sudo clamscan -vir / ... which is a graphical front-end for ClamAV. ... download the 'BitDefender Antivirus Scanner for Unices ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: ClamAv: is anyone paying attention?
      ... There have been Linux viruses, and if desktop growth increases there ... Just to make one thing clear: ClamAv is there to enable a linux mail ... downloads clamav virus databases from the Internet ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Clamav
      ... Subject: Clamav ... regardless of the pathways to infection? ... of virus detection is only as good as the design and the ... post what the viruses are, ...
      (Fedora)