Re: NFS replacements for Linux

From: Dan Pritts (danno_at_umich.edu)
Date: 10/24/03

    Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:35:43 -0400
    To: Rohit <exploits@engr.uconn.edu>

    On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 08:37:20AM -0400, Rohit wrote:
    > So we were considering the following two alternatives:
    > OpenAfs (http://www.openafs.org) - just a little tough to set up and
    > manage!

    wonderful once you get it working though.

    > I was just wondering if there was anything else out there that was
    > productionworthy?

    check out nfsv4. I don't know exactly where they are with that but
    when i last heard a year or so ago things were looking pretty good.
    I bet in an all-linux environment it probably works pretty well.
    You'll probably have to apply some non-standard kernel patches though.

    danno

    --
    dan pritts
    danno@umich.edu