RE: AntiVirus for Red Hat 9?

From: Matthew Thompson (matthew.thompson_at_lrfairplay.com)
Date: 10/24/03

    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:27:30 +0100

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Matt Hemingway [mailto:matt.hemingway@pcnalert.com]
    Sent: 23 October 2003 21:14

    >I use Sophos AV. No GUI (there's no need). No builtin automatic
    >updates either, but I did write a script that runs out of cron
    >every 2 hours to get the latest virus identification files.

    Sophos also email customers when new IDEs are available - the messages are a
    fixed format so it shouldn't be too difficult to subscribe with a certain
    address and on receipt start the download.

    M@T :o)

    The information contained in this email and any files attached to it are
    strictly confidential, may be legally privileged and are intended solely for
    the addressee. Liability cannot be accepted for statements made which are
    the sender's own and not made on behalf of Lloyd's Register-Fairplay
    Limited If you are not the named addressee, you may not use, copy or
    disclose this information to any other person or take any action in reliance
    of this transmission. If you have received this message in error, please
    notify the sender or postmaster@lrfairplay.com immediately and delete the
    message from your system.

    Although this message has been subjected to virus checks utilising software
    developed by Sophos, Baltimore and Network Associates, no guarantee is given
    that it is totally virus free.

    http://www.lrfairplay.com/ postmaster@lrfairplay.com

    • Re: SOPHOS Antivirus
      ... I work for a reseller of Sophos antivirus. ... The virus signatures only update once a ... >> By definition a firewall has no mail filtering function. ... NAV Corporate and SBE provide all that you state SOPHOS ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • John Grahms/Raid/Dustin Cook Splits Hairs On Virus Passing On Internet
      ... idiot from sophos, and others like him who should have known better, the ... another two-bit virus writer/passer whom no one ever heard of, ... And none of this is malicious spreading Graham. ... did not spread the Toadie virus in any way shape or form; ...
      (alt.comp.anti-virus)
    • Re: SOPHOS Antivirus
      ... yours is the first real Sophos complaint while have read ... | a virus. ... When NAI bought McAfee their support went down the tubes. ... NAV Corporate and SBE provide all that you state SOPHOS ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Virus Scanning Software for FreeBSD
      ... > wants to wait for FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE to install things on their server. ... >> Is anyone aware of any virus scanning solutions for freebsd, ... I am using Sophos, ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: virus problem
      ... He was the one who gave me sophos (think he paid them an amount ... >> prompts me to this virus but cannot delete it. ... Create a new folder on your Desktop or the C: ... Restart your computer in Safe Mode. ...