RE: AntiVirus for Red Hat 9?

From: Matthew Thompson (matthew.thompson_at_lrfairplay.com)
Date: 10/24/03

    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:27:30 +0100

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Matt Hemingway [mailto:matt.hemingway@pcnalert.com]
    Sent: 23 October 2003 21:14

    >I use Sophos AV. No GUI (there's no need). No builtin automatic
    >updates either, but I did write a script that runs out of cron
    >every 2 hours to get the latest virus identification files.

    Sophos also email customers when new IDEs are available - the messages are a
    fixed format so it shouldn't be too difficult to subscribe with a certain
    address and on receipt start the download.

    M@T :o)

    The information contained in this email and any files attached to it are
    strictly confidential, may be legally privileged and are intended solely for
    the addressee. Liability cannot be accepted for statements made which are
    the sender's own and not made on behalf of Lloyd's Register-Fairplay
    Limited If you are not the named addressee, you may not use, copy or
    disclose this information to any other person or take any action in reliance
    of this transmission. If you have received this message in error, please
    notify the sender or postmaster@lrfairplay.com immediately and delete the
    message from your system.

    Although this message has been subjected to virus checks utilising software
    developed by Sophos, Baltimore and Network Associates, no guarantee is given
    that it is totally virus free.

    http://www.lrfairplay.com/ postmaster@lrfairplay.com