Re: AntiVirus for Red Hat 9?

From: Kurt Seifried (bt_at_seifried.org)
Date: 10/23/03

    To: "A. Bluecoat" <abluecoat@hotmail.com>, <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:37:36 -0600

    > Does anyone know of an antivirus product out there for Red Hat 9 (kernel
    > 2.4.21) on an Intel box that has a GUI and automatic updates?

    Anti-virus for workstation oriented needs or server oriented needs (i.e. an
    samba/email scanner?). I'm not sure I understand the requirement for a GUI
    as well. Pretty much all the major vendors have Linux products now, in no
    particular order:

    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=linux+antivirus

    http://www.centralcommand.com/linux_products.html

    http://www.f-prot.com/products/corporate_users/unix/

    http://www.pandasoftware.com/com/linux/linux.asp (freeware)

    http://clamav.elektrapro.com/
    http://www.openantivirus.org/

    Kurt Seifried, kurt@seifried.org
    A15B BEE5 B391 B9AD B0EF
    AEB0 AD63 0B4E AD56 E574
    http://seifried.org/security/

    • Re: Please help me kill this java thread..... code example
      ... Scanner scanner; ... public static void main{ ... //display GUI - a simple field to display the item number when the ... The shutdown() method is never called. ...
      (comp.lang.java.help)
    • [opensuse] Re: HELP!!!! Epson scanner
      ... not installing the scanner properly. ... I only tried the GUI version and none of the 3 options worked. ... I removed it from the powered hub and plugged it directly into ...
      (SuSE)
    • Please help me kill this java thread..... code example
      ... Scanner scanner; ... public void run{ ... //display GUI - a simple field to display the item number when the ... // launch the scanner code to feed the gui scanned items ...
      (comp.lang.java.help)
    • Re: GNAT for MS Visual Studio
      ... virtually all programs have abandoned sane, clean appearing GUIs in favor of ... Maybe I'm kind of strange (I switch any Windows box I use back to W2k ... The XP standard teletubby GUI ... where you have one GUI for any scanner you connect. ...
      (comp.lang.ada)
    • Re: Lion
      ... und mir eventuell auch einen passenden Scanner aus der Bucht ... hoffe aber das ich nicht auch noch teure Software dafür kaufen muss. ... Mit Vuescan ist schon ziemlich viel möglich, das GUI ist aber absolut ... Nichtsdestotrotz kann man mit Vuescan schon ziemlich gute Resultate aus ...
      (de.comp.sys.mac.misc)