Re: AntiVirus for Red Hat 9?

From: Joshua Levitsky (jlevitsk_at_joshie.com)
Date: 10/23/03

    To: "A. Bluecoat" <abluecoat@hotmail.com>, <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:14:54 -0400

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "A. Bluecoat" <abluecoat@hotmail.com>
    To: <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 7:29 PM
    Subject: AntiVirus for Red Hat 9?

    > Does anyone know of an antivirus product out there for Red Hat 9 (kernel
    > 2.4.21) on an Intel box that has a GUI and automatic updates?

    http://www.f-prot.com/products/corporate_users/unix/linux/workstations.html

    This doesn't meet your need for a GUI, but I use F-Prot for virus filtering
    on mail servers.

    You can find a good list here so you know your options among the more
    popular brands;

    http://www.antivirus-online.de/english/linkslnx.php3?v=2

    -Josh

    • AntiVirus for Red Hat 9?
      ... on an Intel box that has a GUI and automatic updates? ... Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access. ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: AntiVirus for Red Hat 9?
      ... > 2.4.21) on an Intel box that has a GUI and automatic updates? ... One that I've noticed nobody has mentioned is Trend Micro's ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: AMD offers no motherboard: why?
      ... How much money does Intel make selling chipsets? ... get back into the chipset business. ... With CPUs being pretty much passe (pretty soon I'll be making them too in my ... days of GUI terminals and the imminent maturing of virtualization technology. ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips)
    • Re: Finding out where ntpd gets its ntp.conf file
      ... GUI was a read herring. ... Whether or not they contain the ntpd configuration file name would depend on whether the GUI tools make that a user configurable option. ... Red Hat can and do change the location of files to reflect their filesystem layout policies. ... I don't have access to a Red Hat system immediately. ...
      (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
    • Re: Fedora 9 - Slow GUI Response
      ... GNOME as the desktop environment and ever since I have upgraded to ... the response time of the GUI has slowed. ... adapter has been configured to use the "intel" driver. ...
      (Fedora)