Administrivia: Your Response Requested

From: Hal Flynn (flynn_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 10/16/03

    Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:39:40 -0600
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    Over the last few years that I've been moderating the list, I've been a stickler for netiquette on-list. This is especially true when it comes to trimming replies before posting to the list.

    This policy was made by me. It was an effort to eliminate needless bloat transiting the wire, a courtesy to folks on metered connections, a means of keeping the digested version of the list readable, and a courtesy to all readers. I find nothing more annoying than having to sift through 30 lines of original e-mail to read two lines of response from another party. To everyone I reply to, I usually extend the courtesy of trimming the reply to only the portion of text to which I'm replying.

    By and large, most posters to the list have observed this rule. However, dynamics in behavior of list posters have led me to wonder if this rule is too onerous. Therefore, I am requesting your feedback on this policy.

    How do you feel about this policy? Please feel free to e-mail me privately and share your opinion. I will be posting a summary of responses in November.

    --
    Hal Flynn
    Symantec Corp.

    • Administrivia: Your response requested
      ... This is especially true when it comes to trimming replies before posting to the list. ... dynamics in behavior of list posters have led me to wonder if this rule is too onerous. ... I am requesting your feedback on this policy. ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • RE: Event ID 1065 & 1030
      ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... >policy that is causing my problems is the SBS Windows Firewall policy. ... >logged in as a Domain Admin. ... What about another domain admin account on the same member computer? ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: assigning software in Win 2003
      ... Best regards ... Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... The policy is configured in Computer Configuration. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
    • Re: Kotu Bionicle
      ... statement of establishing turf, territory or a "home group". ... I found an old posting with your real ... A policy that was created because of me, ...
      (rec.toys.lego)