curious port activity

From: SB CH (chulmin2_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/13/03

    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 04:46:59 +0000

    Hello, list.

    When i use rlogin or rsh, the clinet port works curiously.
    In general, client use over 1024, but rloing and rsh works differently.

    * rlogin
      Client Server
       1-1023 513

    * rsh
      Client Server
      515-1023 514

    Why the port of the rlogin and rsh works different?
    and is there any other applicaiton which works not standard?

    Thanks in advance.

    확인하자. 오늘의 운세 무료 사주, 궁합, 작명, 전생 가이드
    http://www.msn.co.kr/fortune/default.asp

    • RE: LAM
      ... Subject: LAM ... Add rsh and rlogin to the file. ... NNC's UK Operating Companies: NNC Holdings Limited, ...
      (RedHat)
    • New twist on perennial rlogin/rcp/rsh problems
      ... It's the old "I can't log in with rlogin" ... I have an NIS domain served by a linux machine which is configured ... rcp and rsh work fine. ...
      (comp.sys.hp.hpux)
    • Re: [SLE] How to start rlogin/rsh service?
      ... Barry Gill wrote: ... Neihter rlogin nor rsh were found in /etc/init.d ... but didn't succeed to install them. ...
      (SuSE)
    • RE: LAM
      ... Add rsh and rlogin to the file. ... Go to the /etc/xinetd.d directory and edit your rsh and rlogin files so that ... -- redhat-list mailing list unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: set service/separator
      ... It's used for the R* services (RLOGIN, RSH) to set the separator characters ... in the initial command stream which contains username, device type, speed, ...
      (comp.os.vms)