Re: FW: Linux and firewall load balancing

From: Frank Becker (fb_at_alien8.de)
Date: 09/24/03

    Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:16:40 +0200
    To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

    Thus spake Keith T. Morgan (keith.morgan@terradon.com)
            on Mon, 22 Sep, 2003; 12:37 -0400:
    Hi,

    > For some time, I've been considering writing a daemon to
    > synchronize Linux state tables
    Not sure, but I think to remember to have read that will be part of
    kernel 2.6. I'll try to find out. Maybe you want to contact the
    netfilter team: http://www.netfilter.org

    > and firewall rulesets,
    fwbuilder has a daemon called fwbd. Not sure if it actually works.

    > bunch of other stuff to create a firewall load-balancing
    > solution for Linux. However, I don't want to re-invent the
    In addition to LVS have a look at

    http://www.backhand.org/wackamole/
    http://failover.othello.ch/

    > the biggest features that separates Linux from the big
    > commercial firewall vendors at the mid and high end.
    Agree.

    Bye,

    Frank

    --
    Frank Becker <fb@alien8.de>
    GnuPG: 0xADC29ECD | F01B 5E9C 1D09 981B 5B40 50D3 C80F 7459 ADC2 9ECD