RE: Linux and firewall load balancing

From: John Kunkel (jkunkel_at_verite.com)
Date: 09/23/03

    To: "Keith T. Morgan" <keith.morgan@terradon.com>, <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:12:23 -0600

    Hello Keith,

    There is an option for load balancing in linux. I currently use Keepalived, over the top of a kernel mod called IPVS.
    You can find info about IPVS at the following URL:

    http://ipvs.sourceforge.net/

    I am using the Direct Routing approach.

    Keepalived is a utility that loads a config file and then passes commands to the IPVS system to perform load balancing.
    You can find more info about Keepalived at the following URL:

    http://keepalived.sourceforge.net/

    Good luck and and enjoy.

    John Kunkel
    Vérité