Re: FW: Linux and firewall load balancing

From: Wallwork, Nathan (
Date: 09/23/03

    Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:15:57 -0600 (MDT)
    To: "Keith T. Morgan" <>

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Keith T. Morgan wrote:
    > Sure would be nice if......
    > open-source solution to the high-end customers that require
    > redundancy and failover.

    Take a look at the Linux-HA project.

    Google for
            linux high availability
    and click "I'm feeling lucky", or just go there directly:

    • Re: Which device for the 2nd NIC on a V120?
      ... Chris writes: ... the interest of redundancy I'd like to do some kind of IP failover ... ifconfig eri1 plumb ... that whatever failover is built in is "automatic" in its execution. ...
    • Re: Blue Filenames
      ... Shenan Stanley wrote ... filled with redundancy because people do not know to search with tools like ... Google for their answers. ... Give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, feed ...
    • PF Failover
      ... (I want to have redundancy if one internet conection fails ... I have looked at google but i only got CARP for firewall redundancy. ... want to make something similar to the pfsense failover. ...
    • Re: bind round robin
      ... For serious redundancy with failover and/or load balancing with a good ... leveling you should consider getting a load balancer (be it hardware or ... DNS-level loadbalancing and failover possible. ...
    • Re: Google down?
      ... Google has never been down before. ... redundancy it would be odd for it to go down. ... Without any evidence or indications at all. ...